Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Obsessions & Collections: Bindis & Body Jewelry



I'm sure we all have a few obsessions--things we collect ridiculous amounts of because we're just THAT entranced by them. One thing I've always had a metric ton of are bindis! Bindis are decorative dots one wears on their forehead, between their eyes, in the location of the third eye chakra. Originally from India and many parts of Southeast Asia, they are generally red. They have some religious connotations and are worn by many peoples in Southeast Asia, and also around the world as well as their native location for fashion purposes. 

I've been collecting them ever since I was in 6th grade when a hippie-esque shop opened up across the street from my middle school. They were so popular, at one point, pretty much every kid was wearing one! I guess my love for them never faded with the 6th grade trend--I just kept buying them and buying them! I love the idea of wearing them over your third eye to increase concentration and to meditate. As you can see, some of these packages are pretty rough looking--some of these I collected nearly 15 years ago! I'm honestly surprised I never lost these as a kid. The bindis in the very middle of this collage (the three identical red teardrop ones with gold) are my first original bindis! I almost used them all up!



 





Another thing I am secretly obsessed with is body jewelry! But I admit, I have not even one piercing! I'm pretty much the only one of my friends without  even so much as pierced ears. I've admittedly always really liked gauge earrings, but I know I'm too much or a weenie to ever gauge my ears!! I've been stalking body jewelry websites recently, so I'm going to share some of my favourite plugs from Fresh Trends!











So, what are your obsessions you collect endlessly? What are your unfulfilled obsessions you have yet to undertake?? Let's hear them!





Thanks so much for reading my blog, and have a wonderful rest of your day!


xoxo, ashlei



3 comments:

  1. wow! such a nice collection xx

    Check out my blog:)
    http://the-newone.blogspot.nl
    Follow me if you like it via google circles or GFC and I follow you back xoxo
    Instagram: hellodashi
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Love it!

    ps: Come join my OASAP Coat Giveaway because the rules are so simple and the prize is great!!
    http://fashion-spike.blogspot.ro/2014/11/oasap-cap-coat-giveaway-international.html

    - if you want to follow each other, just let me know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noivaslb.com serve the good and best quality in wedding dresses Lebanon, wedding dresses Beirut, wedding gowns Lebanon, bridal dresses Lebanon, bridal shop Lebanon, Lebanon wedding dress and buy wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete